Our Locations


Wintersville, OH

Dunlope - Shorac Funeral Home
|
215 Fernwood Road
| Wintersville, OH 43953
|
Tel: (740) 264-0563

Established in October, 1949 the first funeral home in Wintersville was founded by Donald W. Dunlope and his wife Glenda McCoy Dunlope at 215 Fernwood Road Wintersville, Ohio. Mr. Dunlope received his Ohio License in 1935 from the Cincinnati School of Mortuary Science. 

After working for other local funeral homes in the area he decided to open his own business upon his discharge from the Army in 1946. In 1981 Sam Shorac joined Mr. Dunlope and his staff. With the retirement of Mr.Dunlope in July, 1984, Sam purchased the funeral home forming Dunlope-Shorac Funeral Home.

Dunlope-Shorac Funeral Homes have made many transitions since the original building of the home in the early 1900's. Our Funeral Home has been remodeled and redecorated to better serve our families with the facilities being improved throughout the years to ensure a comfortable atmosphere.

The funeral home has also gone through renovations since that time to now offer four spacious visitation rooms, and boasts a chapel that can accommodate 150 people. 

Photographic Tour

Click Photos to View Larger.


Steubenville, OH

Shorac Funeral Home
|
611 North Fourth Street
| Steubenville, OH 43952
|
Tel: (740) 282-2717

The house was originally built in 1902 as the home of John A. Mansfield who was the Jefferson County Probate Judge.  Judge Mansfield had aspirations of running for governor.  The portico was added to the building due to his intentions.  It later was sold to the owners of Chicago Wall Paper Co. before it became a funeral home in 1940.

The former McClave Funeral Home  was the oldest funeral business in Steubenville, with roots in the 1895 establishment of a funeral home by D.F. Coe on North Fifth Street. Ira C. McClave joined the Coe Funeral Home as an apprentice funeral director and embalmer on November 5, 1906.  The business moved to what was the W.H. Lowe residence on Market Street, now occupied by the City Rescue Mission, on September 1, 1915. McClave and F.D. Hennesy bought the Coe Funeral Home January 1, 1924, and McClave assumed full ownership in 1928, with the funeral home renamed McClave Funeral Home.

Photographic Tour

Click Photos to View Larger.


© 2017 Shorac Funeral Homes. All Rights Reserved. Funeral Home website by CFS